Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Godfather of All

Zombies. That's right, I'm talkin' about George Andrew Romero, the godfather of zombies and my personal favorite film director. Quite a large number of my peers don't know who he is, which brings a single tear to my eye. I weep for all the scared whispers children have made in the dark, all of my odes to this sweet old man, all of my horrific dreams of being chased by zombies through the middle school.

George in his younger days. 

I weep for anyone who has gone through the Black Ops dlc and not known who this man is. I weep for anyone who has searched "Dawn of the Dead" on Wikipedia and was given results for the 2004 film instead of the original. 

This man has been my inspiration and favorite director since I first got into the swing of films. He is the camp to my Sam Raimi. The brains to my zombie. 

I just want everyone to take a moment of silence for one of the most inspirational and influential men to have ever graced the business of film. 
Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. A large majority of your peers may not know and love the genius that is Romero.... but a certain freshmen does!

    ReplyDelete